- Company name: Transferwise LTD
- Service description: Bank to bank international money transfers via online platform.
- Website address: www.transferwise.com
- Website Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Russian and Japanese.
- Review Summary: Transferwise was established to enable clients, especially expats and immigrants, to send their money home or buy properties abroad for cheap. In order to accommodate savings, they offered an affordable exchange rate and fees of only 0.5% of the money being transferred.
- This has made the company incredibly appealing to customers while allowing them to break through the competition and become one of the top 10 startups in the world today. It comes off as highly recommended by everyone, clients and media alike, and we are no different – use this firm to maximise your savings.
- Recommendation: Hot, new, exciting, and the pricing is straightforward. What a great way to send money online. Cheapest rates below £5,000 or equivalent in other currencies (view Transferwise exchange rates here).
TransferWise Video Review
|HUF||0.70%||0.70%||420 HUF||60 000 HUF|
|INR||0.7%*||–||–||–||*Except for payments from USD to INR, where the fee is 1.5% for amounts below $5000, and 1% for amounts above.|
|JPY||0.5%+*||0.5%+*||1 000 JPY||30,000 JPY||*Sending to and from Japan is via SWIFT and carries a higher fee from our side of 1000 JPY as well as extra banking charges.|
|MAD||1.50%||–||30 MAD||2 000 MAD|
|MXN||1.50%||–||32 MXN||2130 MXN|
|NGN||1.00%||–||900 NGN||90,000 NGN|
|NOK||0.50%||0.50%||10 Kr||2 000 Kr|
|PHP||1.00%||–||145 PHP||14 500 PHP|
|PLN||0.50%||0.50%||5 PLN||1 000 PLN|
|RON||1.00%||1.00%||10 RON||1 000 RON|
|SEK||0.50%||0.50%||10 Kr||2 000 Kr|
|THB||1.50%||–||100 THB||6,500 THB|
|TRY||1.00%||–||6 TRY||600 TRY|
|UAH||3.00%||–||45 UAH||1500 UAH|
|USD||0.50%||*||*||*||*Fees for transfers from USD are calculated slightly different. For more information, please see our USD specific FAQ here.|
|IDR||1,5%||–||1 IDR||14,500 IDR|
Here are some of their live rates for example on the most popular currencies:
Estimated rates Euro to Pound Sterling:
Estimated rates Pound Sterling to Euro:
Estimated rates Pound Sterling to US Dollar:
Estimated rates US Dollar to Australian Dollar:
TransferWise Supported Currencies:
EUR – Euro
GBP – Pounds Sterling
USD – US Dollar
AUD – Australian Dollar
CHF – Swiss Franc
CAD – Canadian Dollar
PLN – Polish Z?oty
SEK – Swedish Krona
NOK – Norwegian Krone
DKK – Danish Krone
HUF – Hungarian Forint
CZK – Czech Koruna
BGN – Bulgarian Lev
RON – Romanian Leu
Send but no Receive
INR – Indian Rupee
SGD – Singapore Dollar
NZD – New Zealand Dollar
HKD – Hong Kong Dollar
MYR – Malaysian ringgit
PHP – Philippine Peso
BRL – Brazilian Real
NGN – Nigerian Naira
PKR – Pakistani Rupee
MAD – Moroccan Dirham
CLP – Chilean Peso
THB – Thai Baht
AED – Emirati Dirham
UAH – Ukranian Hryvna
IDR – Indonesian Rupiah
COP – Colombian Peso
GEL – Georgian Lari
TYR – Turkish Lira
ZAR – South African Rand – TransferWise sends out ZAR via SWIFT international payment (They cannot currently receive ZAR).
TransferWise is one of the newest FX companies to have a big impact in this disruptive trend in the money transfer market. As of today, they have 10 offices in London – UK, Tallinn – Estonia, New York – USA, Tampa – USA, Budapest – Hungary, Cherkasy – Ukraine, Tokyo – Japan, Sydney – Australia, Singapore – Singapore, Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia. But as the company gets bigger and bigger, they will want to cover more and more countries, which will surely lead to the opening of more offices across the world. We will keep you updated if anything changes in the meantime.
TransferWise is a company regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) so you can rest assured that your money is in good hands and that nobody will scam you. So please stop asking yourself if TransferWise is safe or if TransferWise is legit and reliable.
If you don’t know what the FCA does, here are their main three objectives:
- Protect consumers
They secure an appropriate degree of protection for consumers.
- Protect financial markets
They protect and enhance the integrity of the UK financial system.
- Promote competition
They promote effective competition in the interests of consumers.
Ever since they first entered the market, all the major finance media outlets have had only good words about TransferWise. Here I will list just a few of them:
TransferWise compared to other similar companies:
- TransferWise Vs. World First
- TransferWise Vs. CurrencyFair
- TransferWise Vs. PayPal
- TransferWse Vs. Payoneer
- TransferWise Vs. World Remit
With one of the friendliest platforms, the registration process with TransferWise is quick and easy. In just a few minutes you will be able to make money transfers to your desired location.
The whole process consists of just 5 simple steps:
1. Enter Currency Details
Enter how much money you want to send and in what currency. TransferWise will automatically show you how much the transfer will cost and how much money the receiver will get in the end. So there is no wondering about any hidden fees. What you see is what you get.
2. Enter Personal Details
Enter your full name, address, phone number etc. Pretty straight forward.
3. Who are you sending money to
Enter the details of the beneficiary. This can be another person/company or even yourself, if you decide that you want to exchange your money for a different currency.
4. Review your transfer details
Ensure that everything is in order one last time before making the transfer.
5. Add the funds
Decide on the method of funding your account with TransferWise. You can choose from the 3 options listed bellow:
I believe that most of you will use a credit card, in which case you will need to enter the card details – similar to any buying process online. And that’s it, you’re done.
With Transferwise you have support readily available for you. You can approach the company online, through telephone or via email (in English, Spanish or French) during work hours Mon-Fri. But you also have am elaborated support centre with 99% of all potential queries addressed.