- Company name: Currencies Direct LTD
- Service description: Bank to bank international money transfers.
- Website address: www.currenciesdirect.com
- Website Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Chinese and Japanese.
- Review Summary: Currencies Direct limited is a leader in the international money transfer industry in UK and globally and the company’s main selling point is service. It’s true that they offer customers a comfortable online system for trading, but it is not necessarily the company’s strongest suit. No even rates (as Wise exchange rates are hard to beat), although they do offer excellent rates and particularly for large transfers. No, Currencies Direct ltd is all about the provision of all-around, dedicated, service, as more than 5,000 customer reviews from across teh web attest. Reliability and service go a long way when you are transferring substantial amounts of money abroad, and this is why we have marked down Currencies Direct money transfers as a 9.5 / 10 service provider.
- Is Currencies Direct safe to use? Currencies Direct is properly regulated by FCA, FinCEN, ACPR and others. It has been operating for more than 20 years, and never faced any negative press. Hence, we believe Currencies Direct is safe to use for transfer money abroad (more information on that available on this Currencies Direct review).
- Recommendation: An industry leader with a diverse offering. Recommended for transfers of all sizes, from and to anywhere in the world, with a particular affinity to larger sum transfers in which Currencies Direct’s service and abilities come into play.
Currencies Direct Data:
|Offices||UK, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, India, China, Canada, and the USA|
|Regulation||FCA, FinCEN, ACPR and others|
|Max Transfer||No limit|
|Press & Awards||Multiple prestigious awards|
|Trading||Online system, app, email, phone|
|Quality of website||Top-notch|
Basic info: Just 11 years after opening, Currencies Direct was given the accolade of being on the “London Sunday Times Fast Track 100” list, which showcases businesses that are on the cusp of becoming some of the biggest players in the field. A year after that, in 2006, the company was up for the National Business Award and reached the finals. Adding even more to its impressive resume, Currencies Direct partnered with national banks in Spain in 2012 to offer additional ease of opening accounts. Shortly after that, the World Economic Forum named it a “Global Growth Company” due to its expanse of 23 offices across the world. In 2022, the company boasts more than £6bn in international transfers each year, with a staff of hundreds of people employed across many global offices.
Currencies Direct Video Review
Currencies Direct Fees:
What fees?! There are no fees when making an online transfer with Currencies Direct, no matter the country you need to send to. This benefit alone is one of the reasons why more and more people stop using banks for their money transfer needs.
Special cases might come up where there is a need for a transfer to be assisted by telephone, for example if the money needs to go to a very exotic country. Note that some countries have certain taxes that need to be paid to process the transfer. 90% of the transactions are free!
Let’s see how they compare with other firms:
UK to USA
USA to Europe
Europe to Australia
CurrenciesDirect Alternatives – Similar services:
- WorldFirst Review
- Currency Solutions Review
- Moneycorp Review
- Wise Review
- Global Reach Review
- CurrencyFair Review
- TorFX Review
Currencies Direct Supported Currencies:
The company offers fee-free transfers on over 60 currencies. If you can’t find the currency pairing of your choice online or if you would like more information about it, do not hesitate to contact them. Below we will show just a sample of the most used currencies they support.
AED – UAE Dirham
AUD – Australian Dollars
BGN – Bulgarian Lev
BHD – Bahraini Dinar
BWP – Botswanan Pula
CAD – Canadian Dollar
CHF – Swiss Franc
CNY – Chinese Yuan
CZK – Czech Koruna
DKK – Danish Krone
EUR – Euro
FJD – Fijian Dollar
GBP – British Pound
HKD – Hong Kong Dollar
HRK – Croatian Kuna
HUF – Hungarian Forint
ILS – Israeli New Sheqel
JPY – Japanese Yen
KES – Kenyan Shilling
KWD – Kuwaiti Dinar
LTL – Lithuanian Litas
MUR – Mauritian Rupee
MXN – Mexican Peso
NOK – Norwegian Krone
NZD – New Zealand Dollar
OMR – Omani Rial
PHP – Philippine Peso
PLN – Polish Zloty
QAR – Qatari Rial
RON – Romanian Leu
RUB – Russian Rouble
SAR – Saudi Riyal
SEK – Swedish Krona
SGD – Singapore Dollar
THB – Thai Bhat
TND – Tunisian Dinar
TRY – Turkish Lira
USD – United States Dollars
ZAR – South African Rand
Currencies Direct is a prime contender in the domain of international money transfers. This is not yet another London-based FX firm, but a massive award-winning company which has Anthony Jenkins heading its board of directors (Anthony Jenkins was Barclay’s CEO, and he is currently serving as a member of Visa’s board). The company handles more than £5bn annually with tens of thousands of clients, both private clients, and small businesses.
Currencies Direct has one of the biggest and best distribution of local offices in the market. It has offices in the UK, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, India, China, Canada, and the USA (one of the few that can handle international money transfer USA). Having coverage on four continents gives the company the ability to satisfy the requirements of all its customers while being able to provide a great service worldwide.
One Canada Square
44 Chipman Hill
New Brunswick E2L 2A9
F 901, Lotus Corporate Park
Mumbai – 400063
Ave 5 de Outubro, No 246
14th Floor, Portside
4 Bree Street
Avenida Mediterráneo 341
4705 South Apopka-Vineland Rd
Currencies Direct abide by the FCA and HMRC guidelines and their code of ethics, so you can rest assured that your money will be safe and, if necessary, you can also keep your money in a segregated account. Here we will list all the regulatory information about the company in every country and state they provide services.
Currencies Direct Ltd, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AA, United Kingdom. Registered in England & Wales, No.: 03041197. Currencies Direct Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Electronic Money Institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. Our FCA Firm Reference number is 900669.
Currencies Direct ltd is authorised by the ACPR to provide cross-border services as a payment institution in France.
Currencies Direct is an authorised Financial Services Provider (FSP – 43493) regulated by the Financial Services Board (FSB) and a Primary Accountable Institution registered with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, under reference number AI/120106/0000.
Currencies Direct Inc. is registered at federal level with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”), a bureau of the U.S. Department of Treasury, as a Money Services Business. In addition Currencies Direct, Inc. is licensed as a Money Transmitter in Florida by the Office of Financial Regulation, in Georgia by the Department of Banking and Finance and in North Carolina by the Office of the Commissioner of banks.
Currencies Direct (Canada) Inc/ Devices Directes (Canada) Inc is registered with the Financial Transactions and Report Centre of Canada (Registration No. M08690900) to operate a money services business in Canada. Currencies Direct (Canada) Inc./ Devices Directes (Canada) Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Currencies Direct Limited, a company authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom as a e-money service provider.
Currencies Direct Inc./ Devices Directes (Canada) Inc. is a New Brunswick corporation with its registered office located at 44 Chipman Hill, Suite 1020, Saint John, New Brunswick E2L 2A9.
Authorised by the Bank of Spain to operate as a Foreign Branch of an European Community Electronic Money Institution with registration number 6711.
USA licensing information
Florida – Money Transmitter License Number FT230000149.
Georgia – Sale of Check or Money Transmitter License ID 23367.
New Jersey – Money Transmitter License # L070530.
North Carolina – Money Transmitter License Number 161747.
Washington – Money Transmitter License #550-MT-117489.
- Transferring money easy, secure, and with the touch of a button.
- The ‘Rate Alerts’ option allows you to be notified when your currency reaches your desired exchange rate.
- You can keep multiple balances in multiple currencies. Each currency has a defined wallet.
- Touch ID for easy access and security.
- Manage recipients and payments methods with ease.
Press and Awards:
Recognition is important to anyone but especially for those that provide a good service which you believe will really help the customer. The same mentality has allowed Currencies Direct to win big awards and earn appreciation from the biggest institutions in this sector.
- National Business Awards Finalists, 2006
- Fast Growth Business Awards Finalists, 2007
- Highest Possible Credit Rating (level 1) from Dun & Bradstreet, 2010
- 2016 MoneyAge ‘Money transfer provider of the year’ award
- 2017 MoneyAge ‘Consumer Champion of the Year’ award
The registration process with Currencies Direct consists of 3 easy steps. You will complete the online registration in no time, after which a Currencies Direct specialist will call you to finalize the process.
The first step will be to decide which type of account you want: Personal, Business or Online Seller. For this tutorial we will choose the Personal account.
Next window will ask for your email address and to create a password.
The next step will require you to fill in the personal details as with any other account on any given platform. Details such as: your full name, full address, date or birth and so on.
Here you will need to provide your phone number and insert the PIN received as a SMS.
The last step requires uploading ID and proof of address for the company to validate your account. You can start making transfers until you provide the required documents. After that, you are ready to go.
If you want to be updated with all the currency fluctuations and snatch a great deal on foreign currencies or if you are interested in investing and making a profit, be sure to check their News section. They publish articles multiple times per day.
You can also get this information in video form because they update their Youtube channel constantly, as you can see from the publishing dates in the picture below:
Currencies Direct – Executive Review Summary
Is Currencies Direct reliable? Is it safe? Should I be using or even bother giving it a try? The answer to that is a definite “yes”. Currencies Direct is one of the world’s most well-known money transfer companies with an extensive presence across the globe, which undergoes very strict regulation and has been moving billions of pounds every year. It is a friendly not-only-for-experts firm with a great online platform, easy registration funnel, and a comprehensive app. That, together with Currencies Direct’s money transfer staff, makes it a great choice for every purpose relating to transferring money abroad or receiving it from abroad.