Pay attention to this Estonia Money Transfer Guide if you want to know how to get the most out of your currency.
Start getting used to pay less, get better currency exchange rates and quick delivery for your money when sending to or from Estonia. Our reviewed Foreign Exchange companies will make you forget about going to the banks for this kind of services.
The Guide’s Topics:
- Best Way to Send Money to Estonia
- Best Company to Transfer Money from Estonia
- Today’s Euro Rates
- Reasons to Move Funds into Estonia
- Regulation and Limitations
Best Company To Send Money To Estonia
* Expected Rates reflect our rate expectations based on our research. We do not guarantee accuracy. For some companies, we used a range of rates because they offer wholesale rates for large trades and higher rates for small trades.
Supported Countries & Payment methods
MoneyCorp is one of the biggest and oldest FX company in the market having over 35 years of experience. So you can rest assured that you will receive a great service if you choose to work with them because it’s clear that they do it the right way; you can’t survive in a competitive business without a well put together product.
CurrenciesDirect will help you send money across the globe with ease. Why? Because they work with over 100 currencies so you don’t have to wonder if your destination is covered or not. For a free quote, be sure to visit their website and fill their form.
Best Company to Transfer Money from Estonia
|Min. Transfer: £ / € 50.|
Transfer: Online or by Phone.
Why Them? 2 Year Forward Contracts. Operating since 1979. £11Bn in Annual Turnover
Supported Regions & Currencies
The European Union’s Anti-money laundering laws apply to all of the member countries, such as Estonia. Because of this, both of the companies we listed above can provide their services across the country no matter the region or city.
Currencies: Our companies work every day with many clients from various countries so having access to a multitude of currencies is a must. It will rarely be the case where an exotic currency might not be available, that’s why we encourage you to go to their website and get a free quote.
But other than that, any major destination will be covered. From countries like Canada, France, Spain, South Africa, China, United States, Switzerland or Israel, which are the usual destination for money transfers, to some of the less chosen regions like Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Japan, UAE, Morocco, Brazil or New Zealand.
Today’s Foreign Exchange Rates for EUR
Popular EUR Routes
Popular currency transfer routes for people visiting this page:
- Transfer from UK to EU (GBP to EUR)
- Transfer from EU to USA (EUR to USD)
- Transfer from Canada to EU (CAD to EUR)
- Transfer from Australia to USA (AUD to EUR)
Want to exchange Euros?
Exchanging currency is part of doing business and enjoying a vacation in other countries. It can also be part of a savvy investment or savings strategy. Currency exchange rates can change overnight, but there are historical trends that can help you understand the best time to make your exchange. Enjoy our data table with exchange rate information for EUR, GBP, USD, CHF, and JPY.
EUR to GBP rates
|EUR / GBP||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019|
EUR to USD rates
|EUR / USD||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019|
EUR to CHF rates
|EUR / CHF||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019|
EUR to JPY rates
|EUR / JPY||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019|
Transferring Money to an Estonian Bank Account
Estonia is a member of the European Union and of the Eurozone. The Euro has been the national currency since 1 January 2011.
Real Estate: Real estate activities in Estonia made up 10.5% of the country’s GDP in 2014 and, despite slow economic growth, 2015 is set for a property boom as construction activity is increasing and the property demand is rising. Estonia is also the second-best performer European country with Tallinn leading with a growth of 12.59% in 2014, after an impressive increase of 16.55% in 2013.
Relocating To Estonia?
If you consider moving into Estonia and live there as an expat, you may find the following information helpful:
Advantages Of Moving To Estonia:
- Low Cost of Living: Tallinn, Estonia’s capital is the 285th out of 780 cities for cost of living.
- Affordable Food: Tallinn is 296th out of 780 for the cost of groceries.
- Low Education Costs: Tallinn is 406th out of 780 in the cost of education.
Disadvantages Of Moving To Estonia:
- Poor Infrastructure: Estonia is not quite as efficient as the UK and US, for example.
- High Unemployment: 8% Unemployment Rate.
- Harsh Winter: Given Estonia’s location winter can be dreary and depressing with shorter days and colder climates. This has effects on the overall depression rate in the country.
How Cheap International Transfers Works
Foreign Exchange companies make their money with a simple business model – buy cheap and sell for more. They buy currency in large quantities at a low, wholesale price and re-sell when a customer makes a transfer overseas. The company has dedicated employees who specialise in working with currency every day, so they are able to provide the best possible exchange rate on any customer transfer. Beside the small fees, FX companies can provide other benefits as well.
Where banks require that you visit a local branch in order to make a transfer, a Foreign Exchange company will allow you to send your money to Estonia online. All you have to do is set up an account with the Foreign Exchange company of your choice, enter banking details and wait for your information to be validated.
Set up the account and transfer:
- Create a free account with a foreign exchange company.
- Receive a quote from their specialists (online or by phone).
- Approve the received quote.
- Fund your account with the amount needed.
- Wait for the transfer to be completed and get the confirmation from the dealer.
What you need to send money to Estonia:
- Account Holder’s Full Name
- Your national identity card
- Swift/BIC Code (Bank Identifier Code)
Our Company Recommendation:
- Send Money to Estonia: Companies that provide international money transfers to Estonia.
- Send Money from Estonia: Companies that take on Estonian Customers.
Regulations and taxes when transferring money to and from Estonia
Estonia has no regulations or currency controls, as a member of the Eurozone since 2004, and of the single currency since 2011. Transferring money in and out of Estonia is not restricted for non-residents and residents alike. This applies even to countries outside the Eurozone.
The Eurozone’s single payments system for all member states, as well as Iceland Liechtenstein and Norway, has simplified money transfers.
Eesti Pank (Estonia’s central bank) oversees payment systems to ensure the stability of their financial sector.
The European Central Bank (ECB) sets the single monetary policy.
Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) in Estonia do not require government approval.
Transfers over EUR10,000 must be declared to European Union authorities.
Taxation on foreign income
Estonia implements a relatively low-income tax of 21% on individuals and corporations. Corporations are exempt on income that is reinvested.
Estonian residents are taxed on any foreign income. Non-residents are taxed only on income originating in Estonia. Double tax treaties are in place to avoid double-taxation.
Biggest banks in Estonia
- SEB Pank
- Nordea Pank
- Danske Pank
- LHV Pank