- Company name: TorFX LTD
- Service description: Bank to bank international money transfers via an online platform, telephone, and email.
- Website address: www.torfx.com
- Website Languages: English
- Review Summary: TorFX may not be as large as other money transfer companies, but it is incredibly trustworthy due to the fact that it has a great credit rating, no debt and full compliance with FCA rules. In addition TorFX is servicing 4,000 corporate accounts,and 50,000 private accounts. Through this, they have become one of the fastest growing private companies and were even named by Overseas Living Magazine as the “Best European Currency Broker“. There are no fees and superior rates exclusive to our readers.
- Recommendation: Clear and friendly website and app. Always happy to assist new clients.
- Special offer? Yes, preferential rates for our reader. View TorFX rates here.
Friendly and professional staff and impressive selection of positive customer reviews – corporate and private.
TorFX comes highly recommended.
|Max Transfer||No limit|
|Exchange Rates||Excellent – vary based on transfer size|
|Press & Awards||9 prestigious awards|
|Trading||Online system, app, email, phone|
|Quality of website||Highly informative|
TorFX Video Review:
TorFX provides a Fee Free transfer to their customers and their minimum amount is only £100. Simple as that.
The rates they provide are outstanding. Especially for you – our reader. We have created a dedicated page for TorFX rates.
TorFX Alternatives – Similar services:
- WorldFirst Review
- Currency Solutions Review
- Moneycorp Review
- TransferWise Review
- Global Reach Review
- CurrencyFair Review
- Currencies Direct Review
TorFX Supported Currencies:
AED – Emirati Dirham
AUD – Australian Dollar
BHD – Bahraini Dinar
BWP – Botswana Pula
CAD – Canadian Dollar
CHF – Swiss Franc
CNY – Chinese Yuan
CZK – Czech Koruna
DKK – Danish Krone
EGP – Egyptian Pound
EUR – Euro
FJD – Fijian Dollar
GBP – British Pound
HKD – Hong Kong Dollar
HRK – Croatian Kuna
HUF – Hungarian Forint
ILS – Israeli Shekel
INR – Indian Rupee
JPY – Japanese Yen
KES – Kenyan Shilling
KWD – Kuwatiti Dinar
LKR – Sri Lankan Rupee
LTL – Lithuanian Litas
LVL – Latvian Lats
MAD – Moroccan Dirham
MUR – Mauritian Rupee
MXN – Mexican Peso
MTL – Maltese Lira
NOK – Norwegian Krone
NZD – New Zealand Dollar
OMR – Omani Rial
PHP – Philippine Peso
PLN – Polish ZIoty
QAR – Qatari Riyal
RON – Romanian Leu
RUB – Russian Ruble
SAR – Saudi Riyal
SEK – Swedish Krona
SGD – Singapore dollar
THB – Thai Baht
TRY – Turkish Lira
TTD – Trinidad and Tobago dollar
UGX – Ugandan Shilling
XCD – East Caribbean Dollar
The company has its headquarters in the UK but as the business has evolved and are readily available for clients from mainland Europe, Australia and South Africa. The group employs over 300 highly-skilled employees.
St Mary’s Terrace
TorFX Pty Ltd
25 Elkhorn Avenue
TorFX is a company regulated by both FCA and ASIC:
- FCA is the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK
- ASIC is the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
Tor Currency Exchange Ltd, PZ360, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4DZ, United Kingdom. Registered in England & Wales, number: 5193147. Tor Currency Exchange Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Electronic Money Institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. The FCA Firm Reference Number is 900706.
TorFX Pty Ltd, Suite 202, 25 Elkhorn Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia. AFS Licence number 246838. TorFX Pty Limited under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 is regulated by the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre ‘AUSTRAC’. TorFX Pty Ltd ABN 27 103 142 829.
Press and Awards:
TorFX have strived to make a name for themselves and have kept providing a high standard in their services. It is, therefore, no surprise that appreciations have been posted all over the internet. But the biggest grade of satisfaction will appear when you can win an award from your peers. And TorFX have done just that, winning prestigious awards such as:
- Sunday Times Fasttrack 100 awards, 2nd Place (2008), 23rd Place (2010)
- Credit Level 1, Dun & Bradstreet
- Best European Currency Broker, Overseas Living Magazine, (2010, 2011).
- Winning the Cornwall Business Award for Most Dynamic Growth Business (2014).
- 2016 Consumer Moneyfacts International Money Transfer Provider of the Year
- 2016 Consumer Moneyfacts Best Customer Service
- 2016 Cornwall Business Award – Winner of Winners
- 2016 Cornwall Business Award for Customer Focus
- 2017 Moneyfacts Consumer Best Customer Service
- 2017 Moneyfacts Consumer International Money Transfer Provider of the Year
But there are also a lot of articles regarding the service provided by TorFX in mainstream news outlets. If you want to take a look at them, be sure to visit their Media page.
It must be noted that TorFX has also been questions in link with Crown Currency Exchange which has closed, leaving many clients unhappy. It appears the Financial Conduct Authority has not found any links proving the two companies have joint liability, and thus, TorFX’ reputation was maintained.
In order to register to TorFX’s online platform, you will need to complete in a few simple steps. Bellow I will try to explain and help you get through it quickly.
The first thing you need to do is to choose the type of account you would like – Personal or Business. If you don’t really know where you stand or which option will better suit you, be sure to give them a call prior to registration and they will provide a free consultation.
For the purpose of this TorFX review, I will choose the personal account type.
Next few steps involve adding personal details. Here you will need to add your email address and choose a strong password.
And then fill the fields with your personal details.
Here you will need to provide your phone number and insert the PIN received as a SMS.
The last step requires uploading ID and proof of address for the company to validate your account. You can start making transfers until you provide the required documents. After that, you are ready to go.
TorFX provides a regularly updated blog which discusses and provide insights into the currency market. Every day you can find new and fresh articles published and, if on a certain day something important happens, you may even see 4-5 articles.
TorFX provides a FAQ page full of info on how their services work with clear directions on what to do, to successfully complete a money transfer. They also clearly explain what every term means and how their services can help you.
TorFX is a well-known British company which specialises in providing international money transfer service at superb rates. The sign-up process to the online system or telephone orders is simple and care-free, and our readers can enjoy top-notch rates with them if they click on the following button: